ICE BUSTER – 1 or 2 day 4×4 Winter Event
July 28 - July 29
Offlimits – Ice Buster 4×4 Winter Event
July 28th – 29th 2018
Event dates: The dates for the 2018 event have been allocated .
The dates shown are confirmed and subject always to NZ Army requirements regarding Army activities. All bookings must be made online. This guided tour is strictly limited in numbers and bookings are on a first received basis.
Registrations will open on 1st June 2018
Ice Buster is a new and unique 4WD event. Unique because its held under the biggest North island Mountain in the middle of Winter. Unique because it encompasses Guided Touring in the best Alpine terrain in NZ.
Ice Buster is a four wheel drive event that celebrates the diverse climate of the Central Plateau in true winter style. Saturday and Sunday are guided Safari days where we explore the features and some of the history of the 163,000 acres of the Waiouru Military Training area. This Safari is deliberately placed in mid winter to give you a chance to drive in real winter conditions. It is also placed at a time when there are few other events or distractions.
An important notice. Because it is winter “Ice Buster” is only open to trucks that are equipped for winter conditions. This event is not suitable for ” Shiney -Shinies.” However Dull Shinies are OK. Ice Buster will only be open to a maximum of 55 vehicles, consisting of three groups/convoys of 18. The groups are likely to be “Dull Shinies, Adventure and Club Trucks”
Event prices for 2018
Option 1: Full accommodation & meals Option 2: Camping or staying off site
Driver & vehicle $365.00 $250
1 Passenger $160.00 $60
2 Passengers $310.00 $110
3 Passengers $460 $160
4 Passengers $600 $210
- One of the best Winter events in New Zealand set in the amazing Tussock country of the Alpine Central North island
- 2 day event registration (Saturday and Sunday) – If you choose the full accommodation registration choice, your entry fee includes accommodation in the Barracks at Waiouru and all meals during your stay.
- 2 day Registration either camping or staying off site. If this is your choice then you arrange your own accommodation and food and report each day.
- We limited the number of trucks for this event to 55. This keeps the average size of each group down to 18 Trucks. That way we maximise trail time and minimise stoppage time.
- You must of course have good offroad or ATV tyres. You will also need basic recovery gear such a towing strop etc with a recognised vehicle towing hook.
- Registration Notes – All registrations must be completed on our website. There will be NO on the day registrations. We will send you your Event briefing Notes approx 2 weeks before the event.
Be the first to know:
Sign up to our email list and you’ll be the first to know about upcoming events!SIGN UP FOR UPDATES